Every Rolex Tells a Story: Tiger Woods

September 22, 2016

The only golfer in the modern era to hold all four professional majors simultaneously, Tiger Woods is no stranger to success. Though his marriage to the mother of his children reached a scandalous end a few years ago, the athlete seems to have moved on from that. He dated Lindsey Vonn seriously for a few years and has settled into a lower profile as a public figure since their break up. Woods is no stranger to fine timepieces, so it seems fitting that Rolex tapped him for their Every Rolex Tells a Story series.

Every Rolex Tells a Story: Tiger Woods (photo: Rolex)
"When I’m not playing golf, I want to be in the ocean. I grew up in Southern California, in the Pacific, surfing, and I dive all the time. Water has always been a part of my life... For all of this, I need a watch that is very reliable, that’s why for me the Rolex Deepsea is a natural fit. I love the way it feels. It’s heavy, it’s sturdy, it’s very manly," says Woods about his choice of Rolex. He describes his experience underwater as a break from the connectivity of modern life, something that makes sense given the fact that he has been under a microscope for years as a household name and top athlete.

Woods plans to stage a comeback to competitive gold with the first event of the PGA Tour's 2016-2017 season, the Safeway Open on October 13th. The golfer has been recovering from surgeries since participating in the at the 2015 Wyndham Championship last year. Though nothing is set in stone, this fall will see him return to competing in the biggest golf tournaments in the world. On his time away from the golf course, he spent time with his children, designing golf courses and, of course, in the sea.

"My watch has been part of wins, of losses, part of adventures with my kids, individual adventures. I was sceptical at first that this watch could keep up with me. And you know what, it can." For more on Tiger Woods and his Deepsea, check out the video embedded below from the World of Rolex YouTube channel.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Rolex Online Resources