Every Rolex Tells a Story: Sir Jackie Stewart

November 16, 2016

Every Rolex Tells a Story: Sir Jackie Stewart (photo: Rolex)
Sir Jackie Stewart, or the "Flying Scot" as he is also known, is a legendary Formula 1 race car driver that has been a Rolex Testimonee for half a century. He won three World Drivers' Championships between 1965 and 1973 and worked as a sports commentator and racing safety advocate thereafter. He has been honored by Sports Illustrated, BBC and ABC for his accomplishments in racing and continues to be involved with the sport to this day.

Sir Jackie Stewart's Rolex Cosmograph Daytona (photo: Rolex)

"The most important thing I learned as a Grand Prix driver was mind management. I found out that if I removed emotion, I was going to be less likely to do the wrong thing," Stewart says about his strategy for success on the racetrack. Unsurprisingly, the model of choice for this gear head is the Rolex Cosmograph Daytona shown in the photo above. He has already given Rolex watches to his sons and grandchildren as an inheritance. 

"It’s nice to have been a champion. I think I still want to be a champion at whatever I do — and that’s still a challenge. When I look at my watch today, I see all of that." For more information visit rolex.com

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Featured Post

Rolex Online Resources